Great Explanation of COVID-19 (novel coronavirus)
• A pneumonia of unknown cause detected in Wuhan, China was first reported to the WHO Country Office in China on 31 December 2019.
• WHO is working 24/7 to analyse data, provide advice, coordinate with partners, help countries prepare, increase supplies and manage expert networks.
• The outbreak was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January 2020.
• The international community has asked for US$675 million to help protect states with weaker health systems as part of its Strategic Preparedness and Response Plan.
• On 11 February 2020, WHO announced a name for the new coronavirus disease: COVID-19.
The single most important advice health experts can give to help us stay safe from, coronavirus, COVID-19, and the flu, is: Wash your hands.
Hand washing with soap and water neutralizes the coronavirus. The key is using SOAP. The second thing soap does is mechanical. It makes skin slippery so that with enough rubbing, we can pry germs off and rinse them away. Avoid coronavirus symptoms: WASH YOUR HANDS OFTEN
American consumers are beginning to display a symptom of the illness seen in Asia and Europe - hoarding.
Supermarket shelves continue to empty. Lines to get in and many places masks are required.
The question now is how long we need to stay isolated. At this point the answer is unknown. Will grocery shopping return to normal. People are scared to have coronavirus symptoms.
Reported illnesses from coronavirus have ranged from mild symptoms to severe illness and death for confirmed COVID-19 cases.
The following symptoms may appear
2-14 days after exposure coronavirus symptoms include: